PRC, ACT Partylist hold dialogue on CPD for Teachers
PRC and representatives of ACT Partylist met recently to iron out issues regarding CPD implementation for teachers.
MANILA – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) held a dialogue with representatives of the Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT) Party List, ACT - Philippines and the ACT NCR Union on March 31, 2017, at the Conference Room, 2nd Floor, PRC Main Building.
The meeting was presided by Hon. Yolanda D. Reyes, Oversight Commissioner of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program together with CPD Program Manager Hon. Gerard B. Sanvictores, Hon. Rosita L. Navarro, Chairperson, Board for Professional Teachers and Hon. Paz I. Lucido, Vice – Chairperson, Board for Professional Teachers.
After the group has raised their respective issues and concerns to the Commission regarding the mandatory CPD Requirements for Professional Teachers, the following agreements were arrived at:
1. Automatic accreditation of government agencies as CPD Providers.
2. PRC to give stern warning to “Innovations for Professional Advancement Inc.” mentioned in DepEd Memorandum;
3. Move the compliance of CPD requirement for Teachers from June 30, 2017 to December 31, 2017 SHOULD DepEd fail to offer and/or accredit their programs with PRC this month of May;
4. ACT was assigned to monitor and report CPD Providers that issue deceiving public announcements/information on the assigned CPD credit units of their programs;
5. PRC to expect ACT’s letter of request and justification for consideration of CPD Council for Professional Teachers on the CPD Credit Unit limit given to the Self – Directed Learning Track.
Contrary to what is published in different social media platforms and other similar sites, the implementation of the compliance of CPD Requirement continues to be effective for all professionals, including Teachers (please refer to number 3 of above statements). [via PRC website]